Tuesday 17 July 2012

Man, 56, arrested over rape of school pupil

By: 
 BAMIGBOLA GBOLAGUNTE, Osogbo


A 56-year-old man, simply identified as Moses, has been arrested by officials of the Osun State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) over alleged rape of 11-year-old primary school pupil in Osogbo, the state capital. 

The suspect, who was earlier detained at the state command of the NSCDC had been transferred to the State Investigation and Intelligent Bureau (SIIB) of the state police command for further investigation. 

Moses, who lived in Osogbo, was alleged to have raped other young girls in the area. The Assistant Commandant of NSCDC, Mr. Idima Augustine said Moses was arrested in Olorunda Local Government Area of the state after a tip-off by a non-governmental organization (NGO. 


Augustine, who dispelled the possibility of mental illness on the part of the suspected rapist, said the wife of the suspect who claimed to be a prophetess in a branch of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church in the state ascertained the mental fitness of her husband. In his confession Moses said it was the 11-year-old girl who raped him in his living room when she come to visit him after the school hours. 


He said: “It was this young girl that actually raped me. Two of them came to visit me when they closed from school and they met me watching adult film. One of them left and the other one waited. After some time she removed her pant and came closer to me and also removed my trouser and clothes too.” 

Moses also claimed that he did not penetrate when he had sexual intercourse with the girl, asking “how could I have raped her when I did not penetrate. I gained her consent before I had sexual intercourse with her. I also gave her money and some other items she demanded from me after the whole thing.” 

He further said that was not the first time the girl would come to him and he would give her whatever she requested from him, adding, “I had given her money on several occasions even without doing anything with her.” The NSCDC boss informed that the suspect might soon appear in court, adding that the offence committed was a criminal one. 


http://www.sunnewsonline.com/national/article/man-56-arrested-over-rape-school-pupil

No comments:

Post a Comment

g

g

Total Pageviews

Followers

Followers

Footer